Hurstville Excellence in Business Awards
Nominations are now open for the 2012 Hurstville City Council Excellence in Business Awards.
Mayor of Hurstville, Cr Steve McMahon encouraged local small to medium-sized businesses to enter by Wednesday, 16 May 2012.
“This is Council’s way of recognising the outstanding contribution of our local businesses and the vital role they play in boosting the local economy,” he said.
“Good businesses are the backbone to our economy, vital in servicing our residents and important in attracting visitors to shop, dine and a range of other activities.”
Now in its 10th year, Council has added an extra category to acknowledge the best business person of the year.
The other categories are:
• Excellence in Hospitality Services
• Excellence in Retail
• Excellence in Professional Services
• Excellence in Health, Fitness and Medical Services
• Excellence in Education and Child Services
• Excellence in Customer Service
• Excellence in Innovation
• Excellence in Marketing and Promotions
• Excellence in New Business (under 12 months)
• Excellence in Community Contribution
Mayor McMahon said that the winners of each category will be considered for the top award, Hurstville City Council ‘Business of the Year’.
“We also have the People’s Choice Award, so customers can nominate their favourite business,” he said.
Application forms are available at www.hurstville.nsw.gov.au , Customer Service Centre, McMahon Street, Hurstville and at Hurstville City Library and Peakhurst Branch Library.
Manager Public Relations and Events
9330 6008 or 0411 748 953