Olds Park, Penshurst

Add to planner

This land was part of the original grant given to Dr. Robert Townson in 1810 and in more recent times was a brick pit. Hurstville Council acquired most of the land in 1947 by resuming it under the Local Government Act of 1919. The area was later extended when additional land was acquired in Holley and Queensbury Roads.

Soon after the land had passed to council, it was levelled as a Public Works Depot and a shale pit established. The pit provided valuable road-making material until 1964. There was also a fine two-storey home - Pineleigh - standing about the centre of the Forest Road frontage. It was demolished in 1966 and its gardens consolidated into Olds Park.

The park was named after Oliver Arnold Olds, a prominent resident who served as an alderman on the Hurstville Council from 1941 to 1959 and as mayor from 1946 to 1948.

The 9.5 hectare park has a frontage on Forest Road and access from Holley and Queensbury Roads.

Sports Played:

  • Australian Rules Football
  • Athletics
  • Baseball
  • Cycling
  • Cricket
  • Netball
  • Soccer

Facilities

Playground Picnic BBQ Toilet Disability Access

Park Rules
Dogs on leash No horses

Booking

Booking enquire

To find out if the parks are closed due to bad weather, please check the Parks Wet Weather status or call the Parks Wet Weather Hotline 9330 6272, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

  1. Image - Olds Park, Penshurst

    Address

    624 Forest Road, Penshurst

Further Information

Parks & Recreation Legend

Facilities
Park Rules
Playground Playground
Picnic Picnic
BBQ BBQ
Toilet Toilets
Disability Access Disability Access
Dogs on leash Dogs on Leash
   
No alcohol No Alcohol
No golf No Golf
No horses No Horses
No skateboards No Skateboarding
No trail bikes No Trailbikes
Take rubbish home No Rubbish Bins
No Smoking